- Heat water and juice together in large saucepan. Add in ginger and bring to a gentle boil.
- Meanwhile, peel fruit carefully with paring knife or vegetable peeler.
- Place fruit in hot liquid. Turn heat to low and simmer about 12-15 minutes. You want fruit to be tender but firm, not mushy. Check halfway through cooking time by inserting a small knife blade into one of the whole fruits to see if you need to adjust time.
- Remove fruit from pan using a slotted spoon. Set aside to cool.
- To make sauce: Whip 1 cup Barber’s whipping cream until fluffy and creamy. Using a spatula fold this into the Barber’s eggnog until well incorporated.
- To serve: Create a “pool” of sauce in bottom of dessert plates.
Place cooled and drained poached pear or peach on top. Sprinkle over fruit and plate with ground cinnamon and serve.