- In heavy skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken breasts to skillet and sauté until golden brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add onions to skillet and sauté until slightly transparent. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in paprika. Add salt & pepper to your liking. While stirring, cook mixture until glossy looking. Add chicken broth to mixture. Stir well.
- Add browned chicken breasts back to skillet. Turn heat to simmer. Cover and let cook until chicken breasts are cooked throughout - about 20 minutes. (Add a bit of water to pan if necessary.)
- In a small bowl mix together Barber’s Sour Cream and 1/2 cup of the liquid from the skillet.
- Pour sour cream mixture into skillet over chicken breasts. Cover and cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve Chicken breasts over a bed of rice and topped with the Barber’s Sour Cream Paprika Sauce from the skillet.
- Optional: Sprinkle servings with shredded Parmesan cheese & chopped chives.
This dish can be made ahead of time as a casserole. Simply place pre-cooked rice in a lightly oiled baking dish, top with cooked chicken breasts and sauce from the skillet. Cover dish, allow to cool. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Pop casserole into an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees and cook for about 15 minutes or until hot. Serve immediately.
You can now buy pre-cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts in most supermarkets. Start with these and cut your cooking time in half!
This is an easy dish to customize to any family size. Simply adjust amounts to fit number of people being served. You can cut down amounts for dinner for two or increase for feeding a larger crowd. Very easy to do with this no fail recipe!